Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Michigan Realtor State Exam

Study, study study


Since I have made the decision to join the ranks of the real estate agents in Michigan, I had to take a pre-licensing class.

This is normally a 40 hour class, but having taken it online, it took me closer to 60 hours to complete. Have you ever taken a law class? If not, then let me tell you what this is all about. You must absolutely love definitions, Latin terms, and funny word structures such as avulsion, qualified fee simple estate, and ad valorum tax.

It isn't too terribly difficult if you put your mind to it, and I just have the mindset that despite not being interesting, it is a necessary obligation.

What this means for you


I know I am sort of complaining about it, but understand that this is all for you. As a prospective agent, the state has me go through this to ensure that once licensed, I will know everything that I need to, in order to better serve your needs as a home buyer or seller.

Next step


Since I have completed the course and received a passing grade, it is now time to take my state exam. This is the next big challenge, being the only thing between me and my first big goal of becoming a full time real estate agent.



No comments:

Post a Comment