Saturday, August 28, 2010

Test day!

Today was the big day! "What?" you ask.. Let me explain. Today was the day I had to face my hardest challenge yet in my journey to become a real estate agent.

As I described in a previous post, in order for anyone to become a Realtor you must complete a 40 hour class, and pass the Michigan state exam. I had successfully completed the class, so the only thing left was taking the Michigan state exam.

I had heard that this exam was quite difficult, and it did not disappoint! Having finished the class I felt pretty confident, and completing a few practice exams helped immensely, but I knew this test was going to be tough.

The first 20 questions or so really made me sweat. Growing up, I always thought tests were out to get you, but this one actually was! Questions were purposely worded confusingly, but I was on top of it and I owned this test!
Of course I had to fill out a survey and sit around waiting before I found out whether I had wasted my time and money or if I had conquered this mountain. I was feeling good about the test, but at the same time my heart was pumping so hard waiting for my results. Then a giant screen flashed a big "YOU PASSED" and the stress was gone!

Whew! What a relief to know all my studying and hard work had paid off. I also have a pocket license to show for it, and of course they took my picture to put on the license and the big, cheesy grin proves how satisfied I was. Now I can officially work as a Michigan Real Estate agent.

Now it is time for more work. I have MORE training, and time to actually get my name out there and start helping people realize their dreams of home ownership.

Jimmy Gilley, Realtor
Cressy & Everett Real Estate

No comments:

Post a Comment