Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pick Your Niche

More Research

The more I research, the more I have to consider. One thing I have found, is that most Realtors are specialized in a specific area of real estate. Just selling homes isn't enough in my personal opinion, I want to pick a specific area and be the best in that area.

Pick Your Niche

Most Realtors focus their time and energy towards creating a niche for themselves, and becoming a master within that area of the field. The purpose of this is to create a competitive advantage against other local Realtors in the area. The biggest thing that has drawn my attention, and what actually brought me into the field is house flipping.

House Flipping

House flipping is the process of buying homes that are in disrepair, and turning them into nice, livable homes through repair and minor construction. Poor condition homes are bought under market value because of the bad state of the house, and with proper care can be sold for a profit.

This process has caught my eye. It sounds like it is an absolute blast to do, not to mention being rewarding to watch a house go from a disaster to a functional home.

My father in law and I have talked about doing this well before I even started looking at a career in real estate, but now that I will be in the market everyday I think this is a perfect time to get started.

What does It Mean?

More research! Plain and simple it will require many more hours of research. There are many pitfalls out there that can to eat up all our profits on the home.

Jimmy Gilley
Niles, Michigan

No comments:

Post a Comment