Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Kodak Moment Captured When Youth Leader Get Even!

Kodak Moment Captured

One of the greatest things about being a real estate agent is building relationships with my clients.  There is nothing better than working with a client, and getting to know them on a personal level.  It makes the euphoria of finding that perfect house just as much fun for me as it does for them.  

I have taken this love of building relationships and turned it into something I can do to help give back to the community by working with our church's youth group.  I spend every Thursday evening working with the greatest group of kids on the planet!  They range from 6th – 12th grade.  

Every year we get to go up to Western Michigan's campus and invade!  Jr. High and High school kids from around the state of Michigan take over the campus for the Michigan State Youth Convention.  The kids look forward to this ALL year long, and we normally take around 50 kids!  

The event has scheduled activities and teaching times.  They also bring in popular Christian bands to play for the weekend.  This is a great bonding experience for the kids and the youth leaders, but at night is where the real fun begins.

Usually we are back to the dorms around 11pm to sleep, but no one ever.  This is the time the group of kids always plan "attacks" on each other and against the adults.  This year the pictured kid was brave enough to silly string my room, but his payback was coming!  What he didn't realize was that I knew he was planning to make a hit on me and I came prepared!  I made sure to pack some duct tape with me for such an event and as you see it had to be used.  

Some of the kids helped me hold him down while I duct taped his wrists and feet together and hilarity ensued.  I drug him into his room and put him under his bed while the crowd of kids all took pictures on their various devices to post on to Facebook.  The part that brings us to the picture is that he crawled back out into the hall way after we left him under the bed, and I caught him, so I had to drag him back into his room and that is when this picture was taken.  

Kids still today mention that event today.  It is just another Kodak Moment that will live with us for the rest of at least my life, and probably theirs as well.  

Jimmy Gilley
Cressy & Everett Real Estate
Niles, MI 49120
Mobile – 269-362-4841 (Primary)
JimmyGilley.com
jimmy.gilley@comcast.net

             

No comments:

Post a Comment